Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Labels for Education

I entered the contest for Labels for Education past Fall. I was surprised to learn that I had won first place for 500,000 points to any school of my choice. Of course, I picked out Aspen Elementary, the school that my kids go to. Last week, they asked me to attend an assembly to thank me for entering the contest for them. They informed me that their school only gets an average 10,000 points a year. Everyone at the school was real excited about it because they knew that they would be getting STUFF for the school! :) The day after I attended the assembly, Timothy brought home hundreds and hundreds of Thank You cards from his school. I did not expect this and I felt I like didn't do anything "BIG" for them, but getting 500,000 points was a big deal to them. It was nice for the kids and teachers from Aspen Elementary to do this for me.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That is so cool!! You totally rock!!