Monday, July 28, 2008

Rolls Extravaganza!
















Last Friday evening, I had to make over 100 rolls for the wedding shower. It took me about 8 hours by making 8 batches for all of these rolls, but they were very good! We used these rolls for the chicken salad sandwiches. I was told that about 50 people will show up at the bridal shower, but really only approx 20 people were there. I was like, I couldn't believe I made all of these rolls for nothing! I gave away a lot of these rolls to the people who attended the shower, some to my visiting teacher, and my friends. I was very happy to get rid of these rolls, or otherwise I might gain 5lbs by the time I'm done eating them. Now that we only have a few left for today. Whew!

We used the Minnie and Mickey theme for the shower because their names were Megan and Mike. Megan was my cousin on my mother's side so my mother, my sister in law - Ivy, and I helped out with the bridal shower for her in my home. My mother had some great ideas for the shower like we used Disney songs for Megan and Mike, Disney couple game, and wrote down as many Disney stuffed animals you could remember out on the porch where we placed them. My mom had all of these Disney items she had at her house, of course she has a basement filled with Disney stuff everywhere. It was an interesting shower!

Check out the cake that Valerie, my sister in law, made for the wedding shower! The cake was amazing and she did a great job. Look how pretty it is. The wedding colors are white-frosting, black-ribbon, and red-cake. We loved the red velvet cake! Thank you, Valerie!

No comments: